Friday, May 28, 2010

Check-In letter

Dear Ms Priester,

I came to this class late so I didn’t experience as much as the other students, but the time I was here I experienced many things I haven’t at other schools. Coming to this school was a big change for me. In my prior English classes we would do most of our work from text books, so being in this class was at first difficult, but as time went on it was easy to adjust to.
I learned more about technology academically and because I only used it socially it opened my mind to new things and different ways to do them. Most teachers would give us slack and more time than expected to turn in assignments, but in this class it was different. If we didn’t turn in our assignments on time, we would probably be given time to finish it but on our own schedule. We would have a different assignment after another, so if we didn’t work on the things we needed when given time then our work would build up and we would eventually fall behind. This helped me learn time management skills. I also learned how to speak in a more proper way, and how to overcome my stubbornness. I usually don’t like to ask people for help; I would rather figure things out on my own, but being that this class was so different from my others I had learn how to depend on my peers sometimes. Public speaking became a little easier for me, starting off slow—doing 10 second sound off to acting out each others plays in groups. I never liked to express myself and speak about my past to others but the play assignment helped me mentally grieve about what really happen instead of always pushing things away or keeping them inside.
I’ve learned a lot my three months in this class, but not only in this class have I learned things. I believe this campus alone changed me as a person. Before I came here, I wasn’t aware of what I was capable of doing, or you can even call it careless. I didn’t go to school everyday, and I was a D average. Now I have a 3.0. I’m still working on things but I'm moving up and growing as a person. I never had or set goals for myself but now I do and learned that they can really help. I have small goals that I want to eventually lead to my big dreams. I want to be the first to graduate high school out of my family and actually make it to college. When I finish college I want to become a psychiatrist for children only. After a few years, I want to open my own group home, and when I’m ready I want to adopt a kid because I scared to have my own.

Sincerely,
Jacinta Washington

2 comments:

  1. Your doing really good Jacinta keep up the good work.You can finish this yera and make everyone proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE LETTER..DATS REALLY LONG AND GOOD:) NICE JOB KEEP IT UP!:}

    ReplyDelete